Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Information Technology and Services, Online Media, and Entertainment
Job Function: Video/Media Processing, Transcoding, Content Management/Delivery
OWNZONES Media Network (OMN) is looking for a talented Video Operations Technician to join the growing team in our Phoenix, AZ office. This is an exciting role for those who are interested in the future of media and entertainment. Working at OMN means having the opportunity to discover and even help develop emerging trends and technologies in the field of digital content distribution.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent problem solving and technical skills. Ideal candidates will be eager to work with a dynamic team of like-minded individuals to help move our product forward.
This position will be responsible for operational activities that strategize, maintain, execute, and enhance the company’s video content aggregation and distribution solutions. The Video Operations Engineer will maintain and optimize video and content workflows, design and build new workflow automations, and diagram and document processes. Additionally, they will form strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to ensure that systems are stable for new implementations in video encoding and distribution. This position thrives in a high volume and fast paced environment with tight encoding and publication deadlines.
We require candidates to have 2+ years of Video/Content Operations experience with the following:
- Content delivery to OTT, native & web applications
- Technical Product Support
- Product Research and Analysis
- Customer and End-User Support
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Product Planning, Research, and Analysis
- Plan projects and drive video encoding and content aggregation/distribution projects to completion
- Research and analyze competitive products or solutions
- Research and provide usage/trend reports to business teams
- Coordinate with marketing and sales to track customer and end-user feedback
- Use competitive analysis, market and user-feedback to refine ongoing product enhancements
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight
- Perform research assignments into new tools and workflows and provide discovery reports
- Use data metrics to uncover trends in video consumption, system utilization, and internal workflow processes, and work with teams to understand behaviors to make intelligent changes
Product Operations and Support
- Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
- Maintain existing video encoding workflows and best practices, build new workflows and automations, and ensure video QC and workflow builds meet delivery goals
- Contribute to the overall success of daily processes in video compression and archivingdistribution
- Executes fixes for problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex Video/Content on Demand system
- Implements, monitors, enhances, and troubleshoots systems
- Participates in technical outage bridges and engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure
- Acts as an advocate for Video Operations procedures, policies, and processes
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures successful project implementation
- Experience in high-volume video operations, post-production, online video delivery, broadcast television, or related field
- Automation encoding workflow development Elemental Server or related transcoding software
- Experience with Video and Audio CODECS
- Experience with MPEG Transport streams, encoders, transcoders, Media Converters, and Encryption.
- Experience with streaming technologies
- Experience with web acceleration technologies.
- Experience working with Chromecast, OTT, and next-generation Video delivery technologies
- Experience with internet caching technologies and/or global CDNs (AWS CloudFront, Elemental, LimeLight, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to research, plan, and execute high-volume transcoding projects
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines, organize, and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of technologies used in web and mobile video delivery with direct experience defining and building optimized video profiles in this space
- Understanding of video mastering, conversion, codec types, and compression outputs
- Direct experience encoding high-volume video for web, mobile, and OTT delivery
- Organized, focused, and analytical problem solver
- Experience using enterprise scale media systems and digital archives
- Understanding of web based video publishing, CMS systems, and metadata backend
- Knowledge of subtitle formats and subtitling software, closed captioning formats and closed captioning software and DRM solutions
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Modern offices in major cities
About OWNZONES Media Network
OWNZONES Media Network is an end-to-end solution for digital content distribution. We conceive, design, develop, deploy and maintain high value digital properties on behalf of our clients. Our pioneering content platform is the foundation of our brand – with it, viewers can access high-quality video, audio and print media all in one location, on any device, without any downloads needed.
Using four unique services, OWNZONES Media Network connects content owners with more viewers across emerging digital platforms. We are proud to facilitate superior content delivery through leading OTT, streaming, on-demand, and mobile networks. We specialize in helping the largest Hollywood studios reach new heights in viewership.
OWNZONES Media Network is headquartered in Los Angeles with additional offices in Phoenix, Bucharest, London and Washington, D.C.