OWNZONES Product Group is seeking a Product Designer to work on our consumer facing platform experiences for our VOD product in our Beverly Hills office. This role is responsible for creating the bridge between compelling content and the people that love it. OwnZones is uniquely tasked with supporting a variety of different studio catalogs and niche genres via our white label streaming platform. This role is highly impactful and critical to designing industry leading experiences which represent diverse media and passionate communities authentically.
OwnZones is a global provider of technology and media solutions for the motion picture, television and digital content creation industries. We believe that media should be experienced in whatever way the consumer sees fit and that stories should be created and discovered without limits. We’ve built core competencies in technology, content, and talented employees to make these beliefs a reality.
You’re a brilliant problem solver with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. The ideal candidate is a self starter who constantly looks for new ways to be inspired. You have an insatiable hunger to improve and aren’t afraid to have an opinion or be candid. You’ll be be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming innovative approaches to tweaking pixels before launch. You are strong in and comfortable with owning the visual, product and interactive design of our product.
Day to day, this is a fast-changing environment where versatility and perseverance is required. Your ability to lead, be creative and produce comes from a happy, fearless and energetic work ethic. This position is unique. So is the right candidate.
- Partner with Product managers, engineers, content strategists, and other designers to oversee the user experience of our products from conception to launch
- Ability to take broad conceptual ideas and turn them into something tangible
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly beautiful, simple, and elegant
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Continually look for ways to innovate our products and user experiences
- Leverage analytics and tools to inform design and AB test hypothesis
- Give and solicit feedback from colleagues, the design community, or other outlets to continually raise the quality of our products
- 4+ years experience designing desktop, mobile, or TV applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design, interactive design, and visual design principles
- Demonstrated fluency with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Lucidcharts, Invision, and other design tools
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salary & Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Unlimited PTO