Content QC Specialist
Industry: Media & Entertainment
Experience: Mid-/ Senior-Level
Job type: Full Time
Who we are looking for
We are looking for individuals whose highest motivation comes from doing their best work, who are passionate about technology and have their eyes and minds open to fresh perspectives.
We enjoy working with people who problem-solve to get things done and move the company strategy forward. That means contributing your own ideas, balancing perfectionism with efficacy and efficiency, and working as part of the team towards our shared goals.
The markets we play in are ever changing, so we expect you to do your part so that our team stays agile, expects the unexpected and never gives up.
As Content QC Specialist, you will be responsible for upholding the integrity of the digital video content packages: this involves watching both classic and recent blockbuster and indie movies to verify proper transcoding, captioning and audio. Also, you will be ensuring consistent results for our internal and external customers in a repeatable and predictable manner.
You will be in the middle of feedback loops provided by our content partners and will collaborate with internal and external teams to optimize output. You will drive best practices and improvements and train the rest of the team.
Finally, you will influence a world-leading product that is changing how major Hollywood studios manage and distribute their video assets. You will have the chance to innovate and work with DevOps and Development teams to automate business needs as requirements evolve.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Perform the day to day QC operations for all OMN content deliveries worldwide
- Develop and optimize workflows for QC of digital video, audio, timed-text and dubbed audio
- Create metrics and reporting to ensure OMN is meeting the highest quality output based on customer expectations and delivery specifications
- Maintain guidelines and training curriculum for performing OMN AV QC based on our delivery specifications and company objectives
- Validate new encoding workflows or ingest checks by leveraging manual QC resources
- Collaborate with dev ops and engineering regarding tool enhancements: brainstorm with the team on innovation and automation opportunities within the QC workflow
- Collaborate with development teams to improve automated system of work assignment and performance measurement
Our technology and tools
- We use our internal tooling to manage the transcoding and packaging process
- We revert to Elemental for specialty jobs
- We use Quasar for automated QC and internal tooling for manual QC
- We track our work with Trello
- We collaborate on requirements and development work using JIRA and Confluence
Your needed qualifications
- A track record of organizing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage competing deadlines
- A passion for video content
- Unwavering attention to fine details
- Excellent computer skills: file management, data transfer software, Excel
- Experience in dealing with multiple stakeholder across different time zones
- Knowledge of video and audio codecs and transcoding tools
A note for role switchers
We are more interested in liking to work with you rather than your mastery of specific tooling. We believe that the right people with the right attitude and experience can make the switch quickly.
If you are passionate about digital media and find yourself in the needed qualifications, but are not sure about our preferred qualifications, please don’t be put off, and let’s get to know each other.